Peace's Small Groups
At Peace Presbyterian Church we offer a selection of small groups to help you feel more at home and better connected to our church family.
Men's Prayer Group & Bible Study
A group of a dozen or more men meet Tuesday mornings at 6:45 a.m. at Peace for coffee and a time of prayer and study.
Another Men's Group called ROMEOs (Retired Old Men Eating Oranges) meets on Wednesdays at 1:00 at church.
The Peaceful crafters
Meets twice monthly to work on prayer shawls and other requested needs for the community.
1st & 3rd Fridays 10-12pm @ Peace
Women's Prayer group & bible study
Meets weekly on a Wednesday mornings at 9:30am until 10:30am at Peace.
Faith and FiLm
Meets at Peace on the 2nd Friday at 6:30 to view a thought-provoking film and discuss it.
Monthly potluck to share joys and challenges of raising children.
Most Sundays for a time of service and fun!
Poetry As Prayer
You don’t have to write poetry to attend this group. Simply bring a poem fitting with that month’s theme and share it during this thoughtful fellowship time. Lovers of the written word gather every month on the 4th Monday at 6:30 in homes.
Rainbow of Faith
As a growing number of LGBTQIA Christians have begun attending Peace, this new group developed to offer a time of food and fellowship. For more information, contact Amy Cerniglia at email@example.com.
Stephen Ministries is an independent, not-for-profit Christian organization that offers caring listening and compassion in the midst of difficult life situations. Since 1975, millions of people have benefited from the one-to-one, Christ-centered care provided by these lay ministers. Every year, one of our Stephen Ministers also leads a Blue Christmas service as an outreach for any who struggle during the holiday season.
Other Ways to Get Involved
· Call to Worship and Acolytes – contact our CYF director for more info
· Multiple Music Groups – see music page
· Communion Servers – Sunday Services.
· Liturgists – Sundays Services.
· Summer Small Groups – Dinner groups at homes or church; signups in church office
· Peace Forums – Occasional Sundays at 5:00
· Walk to Emmaus Spiritual Retreats
· Stephen Ministry of One-on-One Caregiving
· Beth-El Volunteers – assisting with local food pantry (see Mission page)
· Reading Pals – weekly reading to elementary kids (see Mission page)
· Books for Kids – monthly reading to kids with Rotary LWR, books at Peace (see Mission page)
· Peace Road Clean-up – Quarterly clean up adopted section of Ft. Hamer Rd.
· Women’s Fellowship – monthly dinners