Helping in our community is an exciting part of our congregation's focus. We recognize that we have been blessed, and in turn, we want to bless others in the name of Jesus Christ. Annually, we tithe at least 10% of our operating budget to support denominational missions and local mission groups such as Mission Beth-El and Cedarkirk Camp and Conference Center.
Additionally, we regularly highlight an important missional need somewhere in our community, country or around the world. Our members respond in many ways, including purchasing supplies, writing checks, and getting involved with the mission partner.
Recent local mission projects include:
- the Manatee CROP Walk for hunger relief
- the spring diaper drive for local moms in need
- the fall food drive for the Manatee County Food Bank - our record is donations equivalent to 13,000 pounds of food!
- support for Peace Members to go on overseas mission trips
- Peace Road-Cleanup: Quarterly clean up of adopted section of Ft. Hamer Rd.
We promote and participate in the four Presbyterian church-wide Special Offerings each year:
- One Great Hour of Sharing for worldwide disaster relief
- The Pentecost Offering for programs supporting children and youth at risk
- The Peacemaking Offering for ministries of justice and understanding
- The Christmas Joy Offering for the support of retired church workers and racial/ethnic ministries and education.
Peace Church has had a long and rewarding relationship with the people of Mission Beth-El in Wimauma, who work to aid the farm workers who struggle to feed their families and educate their children. Each Thursday morning, Peace people travel together to Wimauma every Thursday morning to pack groceries and organize clothing donations. Other assistance throughout the year includes a back-to-school backpack drive and a Christmas Giving Tree. For more information, visit www.beth-el.info/
Check out these videos from other organizations that Peace has been involved in: